Tuesday, October 18, 2011

As if there aren't enough food blogs!

Yes, yes. I'm well aware that anyone who loves to stuff their face and has internet access probably has created (or has thought about creating) some type of food blog while enjoying the "best they've ever had". Today, that time has come for me.

Long ago, I had a short lived blog rating local Mexican restaurants. (To the best, I gave Five Sombreros.) Today, my food fancies range from the quest for Philadelphia's Best Burger to scoping out the latest Food Trucks to hit the city streets. Do I consider myself a "foodie"? Not by any means. I like to eat. I like things that are tasty and interesting. I like sharing those tasty, interesting edibles with other people. I'm not a snob about it and I'm not trying to be. That's why I created this blog.

I've called it 'A Side of Ketchup' because growing up, I was a very picky eater. My go-to food was chicken nuggets and french fries, and I would put ketchup on literally everything. (Including filet mignon - leading to many a dinnertime cringe fest.) Since my teen years I've eaten lots of different things that I never would have imagined eating, broadening my limited ethnic cuisine range from "Fried" and "Italian" to Vietnamese, Sushi, Indian and beyond. Now, I will try anything once. My mother used to tell me, "You don't know if you don't like it if you've never tried it". And I have a feeling that's the case for most people who have never tried foods and simply 'don't like them.' I'm here to try and alleviate some of your food fears - and hopefully make some friends in the process. So enjoy reading and feel free to eat along!

No comments:

Post a Comment