Friday, June 22, 2012

With Love...

Now that I've officially recovered from Philly Beer Week '12, I can share about my visits to the With Love Beer Garden at the Four Seasons hotel. Hidden in a picture-esque nook behind the main entrance lies the lush green courtyard that was transformed into a week-long after-work drinking paradise. With drafts and bottles provided by local breweries, live music nightly, and food catered by the wonder chefs at the Four Seasons, it was delight for all the senses. 



The first night I went was Wednesday night (6/6) of the week-long happening, which had local breweries Round Guys, Evil Genius and Prism. I tried the Evil Genius Hunchback, their summer seasonal Hefeweizen, and Round Guys "Himbeer": Their Berliner Weiss mixed with Raspberry syrup. (I had it at PBW Opening Tap and quickly made friends with guys who were fascinated that I had a pink beer.)


Prism's "Bitto Honey IPA" - I'm not usually an IPA person, but this was pretty good!

I also tried the Beer Garden Burger, which was topped with Meadow Farm cheddar, grilled applewood bacon, a dill pickle and special sauce. It was grilled to perfection - nice, pink center  and juicy, packing quite a punch for such a small slider. I wanted to savor it as much as I could, and even though it was small, it was still pretty filling. 


I'm kind of disappointed because I tried it again when I came back on Friday and it was slightly overcooked - probably because there were a lot more people there on Friday and so therefore, higher demand.

I wasn't even going to come back again, but uwishunu was giving out the rest of their Boot mugs, which had only been available on Monday's opening night, so obviously I had to get one! Braving Friday rush hour traffic on a SEPTA bus, I made it just in time to score one of these bad boys. DAS BOOT!

BYOB - Bring Your Own Boot!

Beverages that night were provided by Dock Street Brewery, who was doing a collaboration with the Four Seasons hotel and offering a Cherry Verbena summer saison. Very crisp, very sweet, very summer! Victory bottled beers were also available and demand was so high that they ran out! The staff had to go scrounge around for more, and a line of servers with cases of Summer Love, Hop Devil, and Whirlwind Witbier hoisted high above their heads saved the day as they made their way through the garden to the cheers of the thirsty masses. 


I thought the With Love Beer Garden was a great set up, great space, great overall atmosphere  - serene and quiet, beats the typical after-work bar scene - and I hope that in the future they decide to start making this a regular event. Even if it's maybe only every Friday or once a month, I would definitely come hang out here again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment